Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A Thousand Points of Light

Ok, maybe not a thousand...

Gabby was running late enough that she didn't take the white trike to work on Tuesday night, so I put the handlebar switch on and wired it up.




Because the new headlight has a halogen bulb and I wanted to put the auxiliary light on with the high beam, I used a relay to power the headlights rather than smoke the old motorcycle switch. Fused power is on the common (30) and one side of the coil (85), low beam on the normally closed (87a) and high beam/auxiliary on the normally open (87). The high beam position of the switch grounds the other side of the relay coil (86)

I also connected the horn button and the turn signals. I did not, however, test the signals and managed to reverse them! Left switch signals for a right turn and vice versa. It's taped and tied down well enough that I didn't want to tear it open to swap them. I ran out of time, but I should have it again Thursday night and I'll swap them back to normal then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers