Saturday, May 29, 2010

It's not intolerable...

There will be a much more detailed breakdown of all the good and bad, but here's a quick assessment from my short test ride.

The engine did pretty well, better than I expected, really. It was drivable. It felt like a standard 1600 with a 009 distributor, a little balky off idle, but it pulled pretty good. At least in the gears I was able to use.

Earlier today, I discovered a problem with the shifter and sure enough, I had to deal with it. In my ride, the only sequential gears I got was 3rd and 4th, and I was going much too slow for 4th. I never actually engaged 2nd or reverse, but I ground them down a bit.

The clutch and brake both take more effort than I'm used to, but I don't suppose that's actually a problem.

The worst thing is that the bars are VERY close. Turning to either extreme caused them to meet me in the ribs.

On the other hand, it seems to fit Gabby pretty well.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers