Friday, November 19, 2010

Footpegs Continued

The #2 tip is enough bigger to get the job done, but I still had a LOT of trouble getting the inside corner of the 3 way intersection properly bonded.




Still, I think it will plenty strong. Nearly 50% of the gusset's entire edge is secured.

I ran a sanding disk over it everywhere I could reach.



Perhaps I can use my little abrasive blaster to further clean the crevices.

Tomorrow, I pick up the ubolts and try it on for size. Assuming it works, on Monday I will drop it off for powder coating (which is preceded by a rather aggressive shot peening by a massive machine called the Wheelabrator, so I'm not sure why I am worried about sanding it) and that will nearly be that.

Picking it up and handling it reminds me of a crossbow....











No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers