Wednesday, April 21, 2010

HID Converter arrives; Upholstery in the works

While the sealed beam headlight is probably adequate for the Dragon Trike, I decided that I would like to update it. Its a pretty standard 5 3/4" headlight, probably salvaged from a current model Sportster when the trike was built in the mid-70's. There are lots of kits to convert sealed beam to halogen, notably using the H4 bulb.

There are also kits to convert halogen lights to HID.

So, I have ordered both. I have a halogen replacement headlight coming and today I received the HID kit to convert the new headlight.

The little 12 volt supply at my desk doesn't provide enough current to light it effectively, so I'll have to play with it later....

 I spoke with an upholsterer of some renown. Looks like it will run about $350. He has some cool snake/lizard pattern vinyl that seems appropriate for a dragon trike....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers