Friday, October 2, 2009

On the road

It's been a couple of days. Working too hard on the trike to update the page!

In the last couple of days, we got the thing back on the road. In fact, I am updating this blog from an Oklahoma hotel room.

We didn't *ride* up here, though. Just enough doubt to not want to finish a refurb this major then just get on the highway with crossed fingers. We towed it up here and will ride around the area with all the other trikers at Turner Falls :)

Biggest adventure was last night. About 4:30 or so, I was putting the clutch slave cylinder back on and noticed that when working the clutch, the casting that the cylinder bracket is hooked to was flexing several millimeters. I figured it wouldn't last long like that, so I repositioned the bracket to pull at a different angle. Apparently, that was a bad idea because about the third time, the casting broke off.

Long story short, my first bracket was not holding up and was eventually scrapped and remade. This one appears to be holding.

Otherwise, all the hit list has been cleared and a few things added along the way.

I have been up till 3AM for 5 days in a row and have an opportunity to be in bed before midnight, so I'm going to end this update. I promise to provide a better update later....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers